Don’t underestimate how delicious yogurt on toast is! This Greek yogurt toast with blackberry preserves, fresh blackberries, thyme, and citrus honey is the best sweet breakfast toast ever.
Yogurt on Toast
Yogurt on toast sounds like a basic boring breakfast. Well, it’s not, especially if you make greek yogurt toast with blackberries, blackberry preserves, thyme, and citrus honey.
Ever since I tried fresh thyme with fruit and honey, I’ve been obsessed. I think thyme pairs well with many fruits, but my favorite is blackberries, probably because ripe blackberries are the best berry, period.
Blackberry and Thyme Yogurt Toast
Now let’s talk about quality ingredients. When I made the yogurt toast pictured here, I used homemade sourdough bread, homemade greek yogurt, fresh organic berries, and the best blackberry preserves I’ve ever had. I also used local raw honey and fresh organic lime juice.
I always recommend high-quality, homemade, and organic ingredients. However, I’m sure whatever is accessible to you will be great!
Ingredients To Make Yogurt Toast
The main thing that you should focus on with the ingredients is thick yogurt. The yogurt you use should be strained and very thick. If it isn’t, you can strain it yourself through some cheesecloth before assembling the toast.
Here are all the ingredients you need to make this recipe:
- sourdough bread, plain
- thick, strained greek yogurt
- blackberry preserves
- blackberries, fresh
- thyme, fresh
- raw honey
- lime juice (or another citrus)
Citrus Honey on Greek Yogurt Toast
Citrus honey may sound fancy, but it’s easy to make. You only need to combine three tablespoons of raw honey with one tablespoon of fresh-squeezed citrus juice.
You can use any citrus fruit you want to make the honey, but I highly recommend lime juice. Lemon and grapefruit are also great, but lime honey is my favorite on this toast.
More Recipes with Yogurt
- Jammy Eggs with Greek Yogurt and Miso Butter
- Honey Garlic Steak Crostini with Whipped Feta
- Cranberry Yogurt Parfaits Made With Leftover Cranberry Sauce
Blackberry and Thyme Greek Yogurt Toast with Citrus Honey
Don’t underestimate how delicious yogurt on toast is! This greek yogurt toast with blackberry preserves, fresh blackberries, thyme, and citrus honey is the best sweet breakfast toast ever.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- Category: breakfast
- Method: toast
- 2 slices sourdough bread, plain
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, thick and strained
- 2 tablespoons blackberry preserves
- 1/2 cup blackberries, fresh
- thyme, fresh
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Toast the sourdough bread and place the slices on a plate.
- Spread the thick Greek yogurt over the toasts and swirl in the blackberry preserves.
- Slice the blackberries in half and place them on top.
- Remove the thyme leaves from the stem and sprinkle the thyme over the toast.
- Combine the raw honey and lime juice, and lightly drizzle it over the toast.
- You can store any left over honey in the fridge.
to strain and thicken any yogurt, layer some cheesecloth in a colander. Place the yogurt in the cheesecloth and let it sit for 2 hours in the fridge.