Do you love buffalo sauce, chickpeas, and super easy lunch recipes? Well, this recipe for Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Wraps is for you! This customizable recipe with a low carb option is easy to make, healthy, gluten-free and vegan.
Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
Well, I finally found something else that I love to eat pickles with and it’s Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Wraps!
I usually only eat pickles with two things: sandwiches and veggies burgers. Jon loves pickles, and he’ll just eat them out of the jar… I’m more of a “pickles belong on specific foods” kinda girl.
We eat A TON of our Cultured Guru Kimchi and Sauerkraut… But I neglect our delicious pickles a bit. So I decided to come up with a recipe that combines a few of my favorite things plus our Cultured Guru Fermented Dill Pickles. Let’s just say that these Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Wraps with a few pickles are good AF.
Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
My favorite legume is chickpeas and my favorite sauce is buffalo sauce… so behold this buffalo chickpea wrap recipe with the BEST, easy vegan buffalo sauce. Sometimes I can’t find vegan buffalo sauce at the store, so I like to make my own with simple ingredients. I just use vegan butter, sriracha, and Cholula hot sauce.
I’m gluten-free so I have to get creative with what I use for wraps and sandwiches. This time I went for a low carb, fiber-rich collard wrap. Jon used garlic naan for his wraps (jealous). Enjoy this recipe!
We used a great store-bought vegan yogurt (Culina) to make the sauce, but homemade vegan yogurt is another great option! It’s so simple to make and can be used as a condiment for a lot of other sandwiches too. I also like to use it as a vegan sour cream option when we make burrito bowls at home.Print
Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
Do you love buffalo sauce, chickpeas, and super easy lunch recipes? Well this recipe for Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Wraps is for you! This customizable recipe with a low carb option is easy to make, healthy, gluten free and vegan.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 wraps 1x
- Category: Entrée
- Method: Wrap
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- Cultured Guru Fermented Pickles
- About 10 Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced
- 2 Large Collard Green Leaves
- 2 Tortillas or Pita
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cans of Chickpeas
- 2 Tablespoons Miyoko’s Vegan Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 Teaspoon Chalula Hot Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Plain Vegan Yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cultured Guru Fermented Pickle Brine
- If using Collard Greens for a wrap, blanch the leaves in hot water for about 2 minutes, remove, rinse with cool water and put aside.
- Drain the two cans of chickpeas and rinse. Toss the chickpeas in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- preheat a skillet on medium heat and add the chickpeas. Cook until slightly browned.
- Adjust heat to low. Add the vegan butter, salt, Cholula and sriracha.
- Mix and cook until all the chickpeas are evenly coated in the sauce.
- To make the yogurt Sauce: Combine the plain vegan yogurt, garlic powder, pickle brine and 21 seasoning salute in a small bowl.
- Fill the wraps with the chickpeas, a bit of yogurt sauce, cherry tomatoes and some Cultured Guru Fermented Pickle Brine
- You can close the wrap like a burrito, or hold it closed using a toothpick.
Keywords: Buffalo Sauce, Chickpeas, chickpea wrap, dill pickles, fermented pickles, recipes with pickles