Gut Healthy, Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Wraps | Low Carb Buffalo Chickpea Wrap Recipe with Fermented Dill Pickles | Easy Vegan Buffalo Sauce Recipe
Recipes with Dill Pickles
Well, I finally found something else that I love to eat pickles with: Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Wraps!
I usually only eat pickles with a two things: sandwiches and veggies burgers. Jon love pickles, and he’ll just eat them out of the jar… I’m more of a “pickles belong on specific foods” kinda girl.
We eat A TON of our Cultured Guru Kimchi, and Sauerkraut… But I neglect our delicious pickles a bit. So I decided to come up with a recipe that combines a few of my favorite things plus our Cultured Guru Fermented Dill Pickles.
Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
My favorite legume is chickpeas and favorite sauce is buffalo sauce… so behold: this buffalo chickpea wrap recipe with the BEST, easy vegan buffalo sauce.
I’m gluten free so I have to get creative with what I use for wraps and sandwiches. This time I went for a low carb, fiber rich collard wrap. Jon used garlic naan for his wraps (jealous). Enjoy this recipe!
We used a great store bought vegan yogurt (Culina) to make the sauce, but homemade vegan yogurt is another great option! It’s so simple to make, and can be used as a condiment for a lot of other sandwiches too.
Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
- Cultured Guru Fermented Dill Pickles
- About 10 Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced
- 2 Large Collard Green Leaves
- 2 Tortillas or Pita
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cans of Chickpeas
- 2 Tablespoons Miyoko's Vegan Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 Teaspoon Chalula Hot Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Plain Vegan Yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cultured Guru Fermented Dill Pickle Brine
- If using Collard Greens for a wrap, blanch the leaves in hot water for about 2 minutes, remove, rinse with cool water and put aside.
- Drain the two cans of chickpeas and rinse. Toss the chickpeas in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- preheat a skillet on medium heat and add the chickpeas. Cook until slightly browned.
- Adjust heat to low. Add the vegan butter, salt, Cholula and sriracha.
- Mix and cook until all the chickpeas are evenly coated in the sauce.
- To make the yogurt Sauce: Combine the plain vegan yogurt, garlic powder, pickle brine and 21 seasoning salute in a small bowl.
- Fill the wraps with the chickpeas, a bit of yogurt sauce, cherry tomatoes and some Cultured Guru Fermented Dill Pickles.
- You can close the wrap like a burrito, or hold it closed using a toothpick.