What’s not to love about a delicious veggie burger that doesn’t fall apart on the barbecue grill? These vegan beet burgers are perfect for grilling season and make a great plant-based option for any summertime barbecue.
Vegan Beet Burgers Recipe
Combining the right ingredients in the right ratios to form a vegan burger patty that doesn’t fall apart can be difficult… but not with this recipe! We cooked these burgers the oven AND outside on the BBQ grill… and they stayed together, in cute, vibrantly colored little patties.
Ingredients For Grillable Beet Burgers
The main ingredients for this veggie burger recipe are pretty simple. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Beets: adding in cooked beets helps keep the burger patties soft and juicy. I don’t like my veggie burger patties to be dry like falafel, so adding in beets helps while providing beautiful color.
- Chickpeas: You can use any bean in this recipe, like white beans or red beans, but I prefer Chickpeas as the main source of protein in these veggie burgers.
- Quinoa: Cooked quinoa adds texture and helps hold the burgers together. Quinoa also adds protein and fiber.
- Rolled Oats: I love adding rolled oats to my veggie burger recipes. Oats contain beta-glucan, so if the mixture is too wet, oats help absorb excess moisture and bind everything together.
- Other ingredients: Besides the main ingredients above, you’ll just need miso, garlic, onion, steak sauce, tamari, smoked paprika, and tahini.
Ideal Toppings for Veggie Burgers
You can use whatever burger toppings you enjoy most. For the pictures here, we used arugula, mustard, red onion, and fresh cucumber. Some other toppings I suggest trying:
- Fermented Jalapeños
- Turmeric Sauerkruat
- Classic lettuce, tomato, and pickles combo
- Vegan Cheese
Recipes to Pair with the Veggie BurgersPrint
Easy Grillable Vegan Beet Burgers
What’s not to love about a delicious veggie burger that doesn’t fall apart on the barbecue grill? These vegan beet burgers are perfect for grilling season, and make a great plant based option for any summertime barbecue.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Entrée
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Beet Burger Patty Ingredients
- 1 Cup Frozen Beets, Cooked
- 2 Cups Chickpeas, Cooked
- 1 Cup Quinoa Cooked
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Medium Onion Minced
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Tamari
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan Steak Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Tahini
- 2 Tablespoons Miso
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Turmeric Sauerkraut
- Burger Buns
- Mustard and Other Condiments
- In a food processor, pulse all of the burger patty ingredients except the olive oil until evenly combined.
- Place mixture in the fridge for two hours.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Form the burger mixture into patties, by rolling into a ball then press it down onto the parchment paper-lined pan. You can make these patties any size you’d like.
- Brush the patties with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then flip and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Assemble the burgers with patties and toppings, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Veggie Burger, Beet Burger, Grillable Veggie Burger, Vegan Burger