Avocado toast is such a classic, easy breakfast recipe. It’s fun to make toast even more nutritious, filling and gut-healthy with lots of plant-based toppings! Use this easy recipe for brunch with friends, a regular go-to breakfast, or even for an afternoon snack.
Why I LOVE Avocado Toast
Obviously, because toasted bread is delicious. The main reason I love avocado toast for breakfast is that you can use so many different toppings so it never gets old. I’ve tried so many things on avocado toast, and I’ve loved everything. I’ve used, mushrooms, eggs, tofu scramble, sauteed tempeh, grilled onions, all kinds of ferments, and many other things as toppings. When you pair some sourdough toast with healthy fats and lots of fiber-rich plant foods, you get a nourishing breakfast.
The Easiest Breakfast Recipe
Toast for breakfast is probably the easiest breakfast to make. However, I can’t make it to lunch on just a piece of bread. Topping a nice piece of sourdough with healthy fats from avocado, fiber, and probiotics from fermented vegetables, and protein from tofu or eggs results in a balanced breakfast that keeps you full.
My Favorite Avocado Toast Toppings
My classic avocado toast includes a thick slice of sourdough, a large serving of avocado, our fermented kimchi, and some everything but the bagel seasoning. When I’m feeling extra hungry I like to add some tempeh on top. Usually, just two slices with avo and kimchi are filling enough for me. I think this combo will always be my favorite of all time. The sourdough bread and the flavorful kimchi pairs with the fats from the avocado SO perfectly. The salt, fat, acid and heat all in one bite is just perfect.
Some of my other go-to toppings include tofu scramble, any kind of seed or bean sprout, and beet sauerkraut. I hope you enjoy this easy brekkie recipe!
Easy Breakfast Recipe: Avocado Toast Three Ways
Avocado toast is such a classic, easy breakfast recipe. It’s fun to make toast even more nutritious, filling and gut-healthy with lots of plant-based toppings too! Use this easy recipe for brunch with friends, a regular go-to breakfast, or even for an afternoon snack.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast & Brunch
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 3 Slices of Sourdough Bread
- 1 Sprouted Tofu Block, Pressed
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 Large Avocado
- 1/4 Cup Sauerkraut
- 1/4 Cup Kimchi
- 1/4 Cup Red Cabbage and Beet Sauerkraut
- 1/4 Cup Broccoli Sprouts
- 1 Teaspoon Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. In a bowl, crumble the block of pressed tofu.
- To the crubled tofu add the black pepper, salt, turmeric and garlic powder. Toss until evenly combined.
- Add the seasoned tofu to the skillet and cook to your desired texture. I like to cook the tofu until it’s slightly browned.
- Toast the slices of sourdough and slice your avocado.
- For the first toast add some avocado, red cabbage sauerkraut and sprouts
- For the second toast combo add some avocado, sauerkraut and tofu scamble. Top with a sprinkle of black pepper.
- For the third toast add some avocado, kimchi and Everything but the Bagel Seasoning.
I like to split one of each type of toast with Jon in the morning, so in my opnion this is great for two people to share for breakfast.
Keywords: easy,breakfast,avocado,toast,three ways