This berry cream pie chia pudding is easy to make and full of creamy vanilla flavor! This is a simple and quick no-bake recipe that is naturally vegan, gluten-free, and paleo-friendly. It’s a gut-healthy dessert everyone can enjoy.
I think this chia pudding tastes just like a vanilla cream pie with berries, heck, it’s honestly better! I like to enjoy this chia pudding after dinner, but it can also be an easy, gut-healthy breakfast to bring on the go. Which berries you use as toppings is completely up to you! I like strawberries and blueberries best. I’ve also tried raspberries, and 10/10 would eat again.
There are two layers to this chia pudding. The bottom layer is a classic vanilla chia pudding. The top layer is a light vanilla cashew-cream mixture, similar to our dairy-free coconut cashew yogurt mixture.
The Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are extremely healthy. Check out this article on the Health Benefits of Chia Seeds. I like chia seeds because they’re packed with fiber and healthy fats, making them a great food for gut health.
Ingredients in this Berry Cream Pie Chia Pudding
- Chia Seeds: This is the main ingredient, and surprisingly you don’t need a lot to make chia pudding. Just 1/4 cup is all you need for this recipe.
- Cashews: Raw cashews provide a thick and creamy texture to the vanilla cream pudding layer. The cashews have to be soaked for 30 minutes in hot water before use in this recipe.
- Oat Milk: You can use any plant-based milk here, but I love using oat milk. This recipe works with soy milk, coconut milk, and hemp milk too.
- Other Ingredients: For flavor, we need only a few other ingredients like maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt.
Tips to Make Layered Chia Pudding
- Let the chia seeds soak in the oak milk for an hour at room temperature, and stir every 15 minutes, before storing overnight in the fridge. You can make this layered chia pudding all at once if you let the chia seed mixture sit for 30 minutes to an hour in the fridge. However, I prefer to create the chia seed layer and let it set in the fridge for at least three hours. Then I divide into cute little jars and finish it off with the vanilla cream layer.
- Add in vanilla bean seeds in this recipe if you can find some. I like to scrape and add in the seeds of just one vanilla bean.
- When making the vanilla cream pudding layer, use a quality blender or food processor. Make sure to pause your blender to mix and scrape down any pieces on the sides of your blender. This will ensure that there are no chunky clumps.
Storing Berry Cream Pie Chia Pudding
This chia pudding should keep in the fridge for about 5 days. The jars photographed in this blog are cute, but be sure to store this berry cream pie chia pudding with a lid!Print
Berry Cream Pie Chia Pudding
This berry cream pie chia pudding is quite easy to make and full of creamy vanilla flavor! This is a simple and quick no-bake recipe that is naturally vegan, gluten-free, and paleo-friendly. It’s a gut-healthy dessert everyone can enjoy.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3 Servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chilling
- Diet: Vegan
Chia Pudding Layer
- 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
- 1 Cup Oat Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
Vanilla Cream Layer
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews (soaked for one hour in hot water and drained)
- 1/2 Cup Oat Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Mix all the chia pudding layer ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together for about a minute until everything is evenly combined.
- Place the chia pudding mixture in the fridge and let it set for 1 to 3 hours (or overnight).
- Ensure you soaked your cashews for 30 minutes in boiling water, then drain.
- Combine all of the vanilla cream ingredients in your blender and blend on high until evenly combined and silky smooth.
- Evenly split the chia pudding mixture into three small jars (6-ounce jars are pictured here).
- Pour the vanilla cream layer on top of the chia pudding layer.
- Place the jars in the fridge to set for 3 hours before eating.
- Top with fresh berries and enjoy!
Store in the fridge with an airtight lid for up to five days.
Keywords: berry,cream pie,chia,pudding