Healthy meal preps are a great way to prepare a nourishing, quick meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I love this Coconut Curry Ramen Meal Prep to bring to work for lunch or to have for a quick dinner after a long day. This meal prep is so easy, all you need is a few mason jars and a few simple ingredients.
An Easy Packable Lunch for Adults
I love meal prepping for three main reasons.
- Convenience: It is so satisfying to come home after a long day of work, and to open up the fridge and see a nourishing dinner already made! We work long days as entrepreneurs, and often we don’t feel like cooking. Having a prepped meal is usually healthier and cheaper than going out though, so we like to prep fun meals like coconut curry ramen for dinner.
- Bring it to work: This is a money-saving, huge benefit of meal prepping. If Jon and I dined out for lunch every day we would be BROKE. However, we also don’t have the time to run home and make lunch from scratch every day. This is where meal prepping comes in handy. I love making salads and soups in advance and just having them ready to grab-and-go.
- Dirty all the prep dishes one day: Who actually likes doing dish every night all week? definitely not me. When you prep most of your meals in one day, you can wash all the mixing bowls, utensils, and cookware in one day and be done with it. For the rest of the week, you only have to wash the meal prep containers.
Coconut Curry Ramen Meal Prep
When I first thought about meal prepping this ramen, I couldn’t decide on the ideal meal prep container. Turns out, a mason jar is PERFECT! The key to this meal prep is layering the ingredients, so a wide mouth mason jar works best. If you start with fresh ingredients this meal prep can last seven days in the fridge.
This meal prep is all about the sauce. It’s more like a thick soup flavoring base I guess, but I like to call it “the sauce.” This is where the coconut, Kimchi, turmeric, and all the flavor comes into play.
For more meal prep ideas, check out our Greek Chickpea Salad Meal Prep too!
Don’t Be Afraid to Mix it Up!
Need more protein in this meal prep? There are so many options! Add in some grilled tofu, some chickpeas, or a boiled egg. Do you like a more spicy flavor? Double up on the sriracha! Do you not like rice ramen? Use any kind of ramen noodles you’d like!Print
Coconut Curry Ramen Meal Prep
Healthy meal preps are a great way to prepare a nourishing, quick meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I love meal prepping this Coconut Curry Ramen to bring to work for lunch or to have for a quick dinner after a long day. This meal prep is so easy, all you need is a few mason jars and a few simple ingredients.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: Entreé
- Method: Meal Prep
- Cuisine: Thai
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 3 Dry Rice Ramen
- 1 Red Onion, Chopped
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, Chopped
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Kimchi
- 1/4 Cup Kimchi Brine
- 3 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Miso
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Tamari or Soy Sauce
- Gather three mason jars or three soup-friendly containers. Prep and gather all the ingredients.
- In a blender, food processor, or using a whisk combine the kimchi brine, sriracha, turmeric, minced garlic, miso, coconut cream, and tamari. This is the coconut curry flavor base.
- Add the flavor base in eqaul parts to each of your three mason jars.
- After adding in the coconut curry flavor base, layer the rice ramen (dry), mushrooms, onions, spinach and kimchi in the jars.
- Place the lids on the containers, and store in the fridge for up to seven days.
- To serve, remove from the fridge and allow the jar to get to room temperature for an hour. Remove the lid and fill the jar with boiling water. Replace the lid and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir and enjoy!
*** It is important to let the cold jar temper at room temp before you add boiling water. Hot water in cold glass can lead to breakage.
Keywords: coconut,curry,ramen,meal prep