Fresh Vegan Summer Rolls with Creamy Kimchi Sauce
Learn how to roll your own vegan summer rolls in rice paper sheets. Pair with kimchi dipping sauce made from scratch for a delicious meal!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 5 rolls
- Category: Entrée
- Method: Roll
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
Summer Roll Ingredients
- 2 cups zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup Kimchi
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup lettuce, chopped
- Large Rice Paper Sheets
- Cooked rice noodles
Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 2 Tablespoons Kimchi Brine
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Gather, measure, and prepare all the ingredients.
- To rehydrate the rice paper sheets: use a dinner plate that is slightly deep. Add just enough water to the plate to submerge the sheets. We find that room temperature water works best and results in softened rice paper that is easy to work with.
- Submerge one rice paper sheet into the water at a time, count to five and remove. It should be slightly more flimsy. Place it flat on a clean dry plate.
- Layer the ingredients in the center of the rice paper sheet. Do not overfill.
- Rolling up the Summer Rolls: fold the top and bottom of the rice paper up, like you are folding a burrito. Then fold one side over, and continue rolling it up until the rice paper is sealed up.
- Repeat until you have used all the ingredients.
- Dipping sauce: Add all of the dipping sauce ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk until smooth and fully combined.
- I like to cut summer rolls in half before serving. Make sure you use a sharp knife to cut these without ripping them.
Keywords: summer rolls, kimchi recipe