Fermented Sourdough Maple Pecan Granola
If you love maple and pecans, you’re going to enjoy this fermented sourdough maple pecan granola. Pair it with yogurt and fruit for a delicious breakfast.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 40 Servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: american
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup sourdough starter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 C maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix all of the part one ingredients and allow it to ferment for 6 hours at room temp. You can leave it longer but the flavor will get sour. You can also ferment in the fridge for a longer time.
- Line a large baking pan with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 325° F.
- Mix the part two ingredients in a bowl, then mix it all into the seedy oat granola mixture.
- Spread the granola mixture out on the parchment paper-lined pan, evenly.
- Bake at 325° F for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes the mixture should be sticky, kind of soggy but slightly drier.
- Reduce the oven heat to 200° F. Remove the mixture from the oven and let it cool off for ten minutes. Leave the oven on.
- Stir the granola mixture around until it forms sticky clumps.
- Sprinkle it with organic cane sugar. I use about two tablespoons.
- Stir the granola mixture some more and spread it evenly on the same pan in one layer.
- Place the granola back in the oven and bake until it is completely dry, about 2 hours. Check it and stir it periodically.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
Keywords: granola, pecan, maple, sourdough