Warm Brussel Sprout Caesar Salad with Chicken and Parmesan
Thinly shaved Brussels sprouts pair perfectly with the lemon, Parmesan, and Caesar dressing flavors. Try this warm brussel sprout Caesar salad with chicken and Parmesan for an easy and nourishing lunch. Brussel sprout chicken salad is great for gut health and digestion.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Main
- Method: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- ¼ cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts
- 2 cups organic chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup organic Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Caesar dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Wash the Brussels sprouts well, cut off the ends and chop into shreds.
- Add the shredded sprouts to the parchment paper lined pan, and place in the oven for about 7 minutes. You just want the shredded sprouts to get warm and slightly softer.
- Add the chopped Brussels sprouts to a bowl, with the lemon juice and onions.
- Add the sauerkraut and Caesar dressing to the bowl. Warm the chicken and add it to the salad.
- Toss until the salad is evenly coated in dressing, add more dressing to taste if necessary.
- Serve the salad on a plate and top it with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, black pepper, and croutons.
- For this recipe I like to use chicken breast meat from an organic rotisserie chicken
Keywords: Brussels Sprouts, recipes with sauerkraut, chicken, caesar