The Best Vegan Kimchi Mac & Cheese
Vegan kimchi mac and cheese is easy to make and loaded with flavor! This slightly spicy mac and cheese comes together in just 30 minutes and is the perfect side dish for lunch or dinner.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Vegan Cheese Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cups Raw Cashews, Soaked and Drained
- 3 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 Cup Kimchi Brine
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Cup Plant-Based Milk
- 12 Ounces Noodles
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Kimchi
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Onion Oil
- To soak cashews, place them in a glass bowl, pour boiling water over them and let them soak for 1 hour.
- Boil water and cook the noodles according to the directions on the package.
- In a high-speed blender combine all of the sauce ingredients, and blend on high until smooth.
- In a pot over medium heat, add the oil and garlic. Cook until the garlic starts to brown.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the blended sauce to the garlic and oil. Stir continuously until the sauce is heated. (You can add more milk if you feel the sauce is too thick).
- Add the pasta to the sauce and toss to combine.
- Add in the kimchi and sriracha, and mix to combine evenly.
- Serve drizzled with chili oil and enjoy!
- for chili onion oil, I used the “chili onion crunch” from Trader Joe’s
Keywords: Kimchi, Mac and cheese, vegan