Creamy Miso Pasta with Cheesy Miso Butter Pasta Sauce
Try this creamy miso pasta with cheesy miso butter pasta sauce for an easy but fancy dinner that comes together in just 20 minutes. Pair with shrimp or chicken for a delicious meal.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: pasta
- Method: stove top
- Sea salt
- 16 ounces linguine pasta
- 8 tablespoons Miso Butter
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water
- 1 cup aged parmesan, finely grated
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, occasionally stirring, until al dente.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups pasta water, then drain the pasta.
- In a pan, heat half the miso butter and chopped shallot until the shallots begin to brown.
- Deglaze the pan with lemon juice and let it caramelize.
- Deglaze again with pasta water.
- Add the rest of the miso butter and whisk over medium heat to combine.
- Simmer until the sauce is slightly reduced.
- Add the pasta and cheese and cook, stirring vigorously with tongs, until the cheese is melted and the sauce coats all the noodles, about a minute.
- Add in the parsley and fresh cracked black pepper.
Keywords: miso, pasta, miso butter