Chicken Zucchini Meatballs with Fermented Zucchini and Feta
Chicken zucchini meatballs are a delicious and unique twist on classic chicken meatballs. The rich flavors of the fermented zucchini and feta pair perfectly with chicken for perfect light and tasty meatballs.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 18 meatballs
- Category: mains
- Method: baking
- 2 large slices of sourdough bread, broken into tiny pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅛ tsp red pepper
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup fermented zucchini drained and finely chopped
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a large baking pan with a piece of parchment paper.
- Place the bread in a large mixing bowl, making sure it’s shredded cut or broken into tiny bits.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the butter. Once melted, add the garlic. Cook for two minutes or so until softened. Stir in the red pepper. Turn off the heat.
- Add the ground chicken, oregano, parsley, salt, honey, fermented zucchini, feta, and butter-garlic mixture to the bowl of bread. Mix until incorporated.
- Using your hands, shape the meat mix into approximately 18 (2 oz) meatballs.
- Place them onto the parchment paper lined pan.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake on the top rack of the oven for 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned and cooked through.
Keywords: chicken, zucchini, meatballs