Sesame Cauliflower Bowl
Vegan + Probiotic + Prebiotic + Gluten Free
When you first start eating vegan, it can be a bit challenging. You crave things traditionally served with meat like buffalo wings, various asian dishes and cajun food. All it takes is a little creativity though, and you can have a much healthier plant based version of these craving foods. We try not to over do it with the tofu, though. Minimally processed soy products like tofu and tempeh are great for you, however its better not to eat too much of one thing. Sometimes it's hard to come up with meat substitutes when eating plant based, but with a trip to the produce market and some crafty thinking (and maybe a search or two on Pinterest) magical things can happen in the kitchen. Tofu is great because its a blank slate for flavor, but there is also an amazingly healthy vegetable that is a blank canvas for many flavor profiles: Cauliflower.
Cauliflower is part of the cruciferous vegetable family with broccoli, kale, Brussels sprouts and other great veggies. The cruciferous vegetable family is so great because of their high levels of phytochemicals, vitamins and fiber. Cauliflower is rich in vitamin K and C with zero grams of sugar, no fat, and basically no calories making it a nutritious choice to flavor however you'd like. We are suckers for good Asian food, which brought about this recipe for nutritious Sesame Cauliflower Bowls. This recipe is gluten free, vegan, probiotic and prebiotic making it super good for your gut and overall health! Plus it hits the spot when you want some Asian food, be prepared though because it is VERY addictive! You can do your own twist on this bowl, building it however you'd like. We use a brown rice and quinoa mix and whatever vegetables we have lightly steamed.
Sesame Cauliflower Bowl
- 1 Head of Cauliflower Chopped into Florets
- 1/4 Cup of Soy Sauce (GF)
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/4 Cup of Agave Syurp
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Powdered Ginger
- 2 Tablespoons Arrowroot Flour
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Cultured Guru Fermented Kimchi
- Chopped Mushrooms, lightly steamed
- Chopped Asparagus, lightly steamed
- Chopped Bell Pepper, lightly steamed
- Chopped Green Onion
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Brown Rice
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place chopped caulifower on parchment paper lined pan so that they are not overlapping. Lightly Drizzle with olive oil, and place in the oven.
- Bake until they are golden brown and slightly crisp, flipping them halfway through, baking for about 20 minutes total.
- While the Cauliflower is baking, prepare your sauce by whisking together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, agave syurp, sesame oil, ginger and garlic. Pour this mixture into a sauce pan and bring to a boil while stirring over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the arrowroot flour and the water until the flour dissolves.
- Once the mixture in the saucepan is boiling, whisk in the arrowroot water mixture.
- Cook for about 3 more minutes with constant stirring. The mixture should return to a boil.
- Cook the sauce until it reaches your desired thickness.
- Remove Cauliflower from the oven, pour sauce over florets, add sesame seeds and toss
- Build a bowl by adding brown rice, quinoa, steamed vegetables, the Sesame cauliflower, and Kimchi .
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds
Peace, Love and Probiotics,