Summer Farmers Market Salad with Fermented Vegetables | Refreshing, Probiotic Heirloom Tomato and Cucumber Salad
A hot summer means lots of salad!
Okay, we all know it’s super hot this summer. Especially here in Louisiana. Jon and I have a saying about how hot and humid it feels here: “the air is hot mayonnaise.” Anyways, this super hot summer means that it’s time for lot’s of fresh salad. I’m also having a love affair with toasted sesame oil this summer. I’ve been making a lot of my own dressings with it.
After long hot days, it’s so refreshing to have a hug bowl of crisp cool veggies for dinner.
We used vegetables from my uncles garden and the famers market for this recipe along with our Limited Edition Fermented Caribe peppers. It turned out beautiful AND delicious! Since we had such a limited stock of caribe peppers, they’re all sold out now… But good news: you can add Cultured Guru Sauerkraut or Kimchi to this recipe instead and it’s just as delicious!
Summer Farmers Market Salad with Fermented Peppers
Ingredients (two servings)
- 3 Heirloom Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Mini Heirloom Tomatoes or Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Large Cucumber, Spiral Cut
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Chop or slice (your preference) the heirloom tomatoes and mini heirloom tomatoes.
- Add the spiral cut cucumber, the tomatoes, the Fermented Caribe Peppers and fresh chopped cilantro to a bowl.
- You can sub the peppers for Cultured Guru Fermented Kimchi and still have a fantastic salad too!
- For the dressing: add the sesame oil, olive oil, sriracha, sea salt, black pepper, and apple cider vinegar to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour about two tablespoons of the dressing on the salad, and toss to combine.
- Enjoy solo or as a side with grilled tempeh or fish!