Probiotic Veggie Burger Bites
The ultimate dream is a day where we can organically grow all the produce for Cultured Guru products on our own land, where we will practice sustainability, conservation and natural living. We have a long way to get there, but it's worth all the hard work and the wait.
Until we have our own place, we do a lot of pop up events around Louisiana. Sometimes, instead of just giving people ferments to try, we like to make fun tasty bites to hand out that incorporate fermented foods. One thing we LOVE to sample is Probiotic Veggie Burger Bites. These are great for events, appetizers and parties. You can also adapt this idea using your favorite regular burger recipe! Hope you enjoy!
Veggie Burger Bites
- 1 Cup Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 Cup Toasted Pecans
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 1/2 cup Canned Black Beans, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon dried minced green onion
- ½ teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ red onion chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Cultured Guru Pickles.
- Place pecans, in a food processor with the salt, pepper, garlic and paprika and grind into a meal.
- Using a fork, mash black beans in a bowl, leaving no whole beans.
- In a large mixing bowl add the rice, pecan meal mixture, bread crumbs, black beans, green onioins. Using a large spoon, mix until a dough is formed.
- Using a round tablespoon, scoop out a tablespoon of the veggie burger mixture and roll into a ball.
- Pat the ball down into a flat miniature burger patty, about the size of a quarter.
- Repeat until you’ve used all of the burger mixture.
- Place the mini patties into a hot skillet and cook until they are well done. They should be slightly browned on the outside.
- Place a cherry tomato half, a slice of red onion, a piece of lettuce, 1 Cultured Guru pickle, and a mini veggie burger patty onto a bamboo toothpick skewer.
- Feel free to provide yummy dipping sauces like ketchup, mustard and Sriracha!