Probiotic Burger Bites
When Scotty and I started this fermented food adventure we had specific short-term goals in mind. We’ve always wanted Cultured Guru to remain true to our values and character. The ultimate dream is a day where we can organically grow all the produce for Cultured Guru products on our own land, where we will practice sustainability, conservation and natural living.
Short-term goal to get to the long-term goal step one: Become vendors at the local farmers market! Well BIG NEWS: We’ve been accepted to sell at the Lafayette Farmers and Artisans Market at the Horse Farm! We are so excited and anxiously awaiting our first weekend as vendors. We’ve been daydreaming about this amazing opportunity to share more and more fermented foods with the community. We decided that on our first day as vendors we should do something fun for people to try our products, and we came up with Probiotic Burger Bites. These are great for events, appetizers and parties. You can also adapt this idea using your favorite veggie burger recipe! Hope you enjoy!
- 1 pound organic grass fed ground beef
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- ½ teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ red onion chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Cultured Guru Pickles.
- Thoroughly mix ground meat, shallots, garlic, green onion, Himalayan salt, and ground pepper in a bowl.
- Using a round tablespoon, scoop out a tablespoon of the ground meat mixture and roll into a ball.
- Pat the ball down into a flat miniature burger patty, about the size of a quarter.
- Repeat until you’ve used all of the ground meat mixture.
- Place the mini patties into a hot skillet and cook until they are well done. They should be slightly browned on the outside.
- Place a cherry tomato half, a slice of red onion, a piece of lettuce, 1 Cultured Guru pickle, and a mini burger patty onto a bamboo toothpick skewer.
- Feel free to provide yummy dipping sauces like ketchup, mustard and Sriracha!