I prefer to call these healthy cake bites, but some people like to call these bliss balls. These healthy chocolate cheesecake bites are loaded with fiber. So this recipe is a very healthy dessert choice! This is also a no-bake recipe made with 100% gluten-free and vegan ingredients.
I usually have a chocolate craving right after dinner. I’m not sure why, but as soon as I finish dinner I like to eat a little bit of chocolate. I guess it balances out a savory dinner with a bit of sweet chocolate. Lately, I’ve been wanting something along the lines of chocolate cheesecake. I prefer a healthier dessert option with no cane sugar and lots of fiber, so I created this delicious recipe.
Healthy Dessert Ingredients
These healthy chocolate cheesecake bites are gluten-free and vegan! YAY!
- Oat flour: This is my favorite type of flour. Oats are packed with fiber, and they provide lots of prebiotics for healthy gut microbes to metabolize. I like to make my own oat flour with gluten-free oats. You can usually find oat flour in the bulk section of Whole Foods or Sprouts, but it’s simple to make your own using oats and a food processor or blender.
- Cacao: Cacao is similar to cocoa powder, it’s just less processed. It’s often referred to as the raw version of cocoa. Cacao is high in antioxidants and it’s a great source of magnesium.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is classified as an anti-inflammatory spice. It’s high in polyphenols which are antioxidants. My favorite type of cinnamon is Ceylon cinnamon.
Chocolate Cheesecake Bites
I added vegan cream cheese to this recipe to provide more of a cheesecake flavor. It turned out wonderful. I used Miyoko’s plain vegan cream cheese. Often, I find vegan cream cheese to be gross. However, this one was pretty good.
My favorite part of this recipe is that it’s a no-bake recipe! I love being able to make delicious sweets without having to bake. Also, you’re supposed to eat cheesecake cold. So just refrigerating really works with the flavor of these chocolate cheesecake bites.
The toppings here are optional. I really love adding things like wheatgrass powder, Biome Beauty Powder, chia seeds, and coconut flakes on top.Print
Healthy Chocolate Cheesecake Bites
Sometimes referred to as bliss balls, these chocolate cheesecake bites are loaded with fiber. So these are a very healthy dessert choice! This is also a no-bake recipe with only a few simple ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 12 Balls 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Hand Roll
- Cuisine: Greek Fusion
- 2 Cups Oat Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Cacao Powder
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Cream Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- In a mixing bowl combine the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vegan cream cheese until smooth.
- In a seprate bowl combine oat flour, cacao, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Add in the 2 tablespoons of cold water. The mixture should be very thick.
- Line a storage dish with parchment paper.
- Thoroughly wet your hands. Take one tablespoon of mixture and shape into a ball with your hands. Place the ball in the parchment paper lined dish.
- Repeat until you’ve used up all of the mixture. You’ll need to re-wet your hands to prevent sticking.
- (optional) Sprinkle toppings on the cheesecake bites.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Then enjoy!
You can add chia seeds, wheat grass and coconut flakes as toppings
Keywords: Chocolate, Cheesecake, bliss balls, gluten free, vegan