I absolutely love vegan brownies. I’m always inventing new ways to pack my favorite sweet treats with more fiber-rich ingredients. The oats, chickpeas, bananas, and chia seeds in this recipe add lots of fiber. Every time I make these, it’s hard to not eat the whole pan. They’re absolutely delicious.
Can Brownies Be Healthy?
There is no need to fear dessert or to completely eliminate tasty sweets to be healthy. I enjoy making my favorite desserts better for gut health though. That means I only use plant-based ingredients, fiber-rich ingredients, and minimally processed sugars.
Gluten-Free, Vegan Brownie Ingredients
The star ingredients:
- Banana: This is a must-add brownie ingredient. If you like a moist and delicious brownie, you definitely need to add a ripe, sweet banana in the mix.
- Oat Flour: THE BEST gluten-free flour. I personally like to make my own. I just grind up gluten-free oats in my blender into a flour.
- Cacao: Cacao is similar to cocoa powder, it’s just less processed. Cacao is just like a raw version of cocoa. It is high in antioxidants and it’s a great source of magnesium.
- Sunflower Seed Butter: In my opinion, this is the best nut and seed butter. Sunflower seeds are packed with nutrients like healthy fats and protein. You can use any nut butter for this recipe though.
Making Vegan Brownies is Easy!
Brownies are seriously one of the easiest baked goods. I mean it. I sort of suck at baking sweets, but I’m great at making vegan brownies. So if I can bake these, so can you!Print
Fiber-Rich, Gluten-Free Vegan Brownies
I absolutely love brownies. I’m always inventing new ways to pack my favorite sweet treats with more fiber-rich ingredients. The oats, chickpeas, bananas, and chia seeds in this recipe add lots of fiber. Every time I make these, it’s hard to not eat the whole pan. They’re absolutely delicious.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour
- Yield: 9 Servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Diet: Vegan
- 1/4 Cup Mashed Banana
- 3/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Plant Based Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Chickpea Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cacao Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seed Butter
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine the mashed banana, maple syrup, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, and plant based milk in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk until evenly combined.
- In a seprate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: chia seeds, oat flour, chickpea flour, cacao powder, salt and baking soda.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold together until they’re just evenly combined. Don’t over mix.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the parchment paper lined baking dish. Using a spatula, spread the mixture out evenly.
- Measure out your sunflower seed butter, and swirl into the top of the brownies. I like to use a butter knife to spread the sunflower seed butter around in a swirled pattern.
- Bake the brownies for 35 minutes.
Keywords: fiber rich,gluten free,vegan,brownies