This easy black bean tacos recipe is completed with our delicious, flavorful recipe for homemade cilantro chimichurri sauce. Loaded with black beans, onions, jalapeños, and fresh corn, these tacos are perfect for a plant-based dinner any night of the week!
The Best Vegan Black Bean Tacos
I like to keep it simple with my vegan tacos. The best vegan tacos, in my opinion, are easy to make and only take a few simple ingredients. I know there are a lot of fancy vegan tacos with fancy “vegan ground meat” as the main ingredient. I’m a fan, but I’m a bigger fan of simplicity… and black beans. Black beans are loaded with protein and fiber, making them the perfect main ingredient for vegan tacos.
Ingredients for Black Bean Tacos with Cilantro Chimichurri
The ingredients here are pretty simple! You’ll need:
- Canned Black Beans
- Corn Tortillas
- Any toppings you want. Here, I went with avocado, Fermented Jalapeños, and fresh corn.
- Cilantro chimichurri sauce. This is what makes these tacos so flavorful and delicious. You could also try our favorite vegan queso sauce from this blog.
What is Chimichurri?
Chimichurri is a green sauce, made with cilantro or parsley. I prefer to make the sauce with cilantro, but I know a lot of people who dislike the taste of cilantro. So if that’s you, feel free to sub the cilantro in my recipe for parsley.
Chimichurri is a spicy, herbaceous, tart sauce that requires a few other ingredients for full delicious flavor. I used cilantro, apple cider vinegar, white onion, garlic, lemon juice, avocado, smoked paprika, 2 tablespoon chopped Jalapeño slices, and sea salt. This sauce is so wonderfully flavored because it is a combination of fats, acidic flavor, spicy flavors, and salt.
Tips for Making Black Bean Tacos with Chimichurri
My main tip for making these tacos is to prep all of the filling ingredients before warming up the corn tortillas. When Jon and I have taco night, I like to prep all of the ingredients and set the fillings on the table. Then I heat up the tortillas, and we build our tacos at the table. I think this is the best and easiest way to serve up this meal for a taco Tuesday night.Print
Black Bean Tacos with Cilantro Chimichurri
This easy black bean taco recipe is completed with our delicious, flavorful recipe for homemade cilantro chimichurri sauce. Loaded with black beans, onions, jalapeños, and fresh corn, these tacos are perfect for a plant-based dinner any night of the week!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 Tacos 1x
- Category: Entreé
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Vegan
- 8 Organic Yellow Corn Tortillas
- 2 16 Ounce Cans Black Beans
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Corn
- Fermented Jalapeño Slices
- Red Onion, Thinly sliced
- Avocado Slices
- 1 Cup Cilantro, Washed and Chopped
- 1/4 Cup White Onion, Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 5–10 Fermented Jalapeño Slices
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine all of the chimichurri ingredients. Blend until smooth, then pour into a bowl for serving.
- Drain and rinse the black beans. Place in a microwave-safe serving bowl, and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add the corn and Jalapeño slices, arugla and avocado to serving bowls.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat the corn tortialls for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Build a taco by layering arugala, black beans, jalapeños, avocado, corn, and chimichurri sauce on top of a corn tortilla.
*for other topping variations try: cherry tomatoes, lettuce, vegan cheese, or chickpeas
Keywords: black bean,tacos,cilantro,chimichurri,vegan